Technical Operative Job Summary
S2S are looking for an experienced Technical Operative to join their expanding IT Asset Management Team in our busy warehouse environment in Manvers, Rotherham.
All applicants must have previous training and experience in electronics troubleshooting, technical procedures, and safety. You must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems and have great attention to detail.
You will receive full in-house training in the use of the companies Bespoke Software Package, which tracks all incoming and outgoing electronics.
Monday to Friday (8.00am to 5.00pm)
The chosen candidate MUST be able to pass pre-employment screening and security vetting.
Technical Operative key responsibilities:
- Manifesting of electronic equipment belonging to clients
- Managing stock levels and ensuring you are being productive daily
- Maintain records/logs of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Stock control of IT and electrical equipment
- Travelling to client’s sites to collect electrical equipment for manifesting
- Ensure that you comply with Health & Safety procedures and internal policies at all times
- Follow directions from the head technician and management
Technical Operative Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience within the IT Asset Industry or relevant position
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive personality
- Excellent communication ability, including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
- Ability to manage large stock volumes to ensure all stock levels are 100% correct
- Ability to use web-based software packages
- Ability to use all Microsoft applications including Excel.
- Full UK Driving licence and Forklift Truck Certification is desirable.
Location: S2S Group Ltd – Rotherham
Our mission is to protect our clients’ data and reputation at all costs by eliminating information security risks associated with data bearing IT assets.
E-waste is becoming the world’s fastest-growing waste stream with 40 million tonnes ending up in landfill each year. We believe we can change that statistic. Our IT Asset Recovery and Disposal services help businesses to securely and safely dispose of end-of-life tech, encouraging the move towards a more sustainable future.
Join a team of friendly, dedicated professionals who work hard to meet and exceed client expectations.