Technician Job Summary
S2S are looking for a qualified IT & Electronics Technician to test and re-install IT & Electronics in a busy warehouse environment in Manvers, Rotherham.
All applicants must have previous training and experience in electronics troubleshooting, technical procedures, and safety. You must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems and have great attention to detail.
You will receive full in-house training in the use of the company’s Bespoke Software Package, which tracks all incoming and outgoing electronics.
Responsibilities will include maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all electronic, electrical and computer-based equipment including mobile phones whilst aiming for the highest functionality and re-use.
The chosen candidate MUST be able to pass pre-employment screening and security vetting.
Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Manifesting of electronic equipment belonging to clients
- Check electrical equipment to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Stock control of tested and repaired electrical equipment
- Travelling to client’s sites to collect electrical equipment for testing and repair
Technician Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience as an IT or Electronics Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Certification as IT or Electronics Technician will be an advantage
- Ability to test and repair mobile phones and tablets
- Ability to test and repair It equipment and electronics
- Ability to manage large stock volumes to ensure all stock levels are 100% correct
- Ability to use web-based software packages
- Ability to use all Microsoft Applications including Excel and Access.
- Full UK Driving licence is desirable.
Monday to Friday (8.00am-5.00pm)
Location: S2S Group, Unit 3 Farfield Park, Manvers Way, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S63 5DB
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org