Table of Contents
S2S Group Ltd – Rotherham
Monday to Friday (42.5 Hours – Shift TBC)
IT Technical Operative Job Summary
S2S Group is looking for an experienced IT Technical Operative to join their expanding IT Asset Management Team in our busy warehouse environment in Manvers, Rotherham.
All applicants must have previous experience in electronics troubleshooting, stock management, technical procedures, and safety. You must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, including all Microsoft Applications and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems and have great attention to detail.
You will be required to process and manage IT Asset Devices through bespoke tracking software, where client security and traceability is paramount. You will receive full in-house training in the use of the companies Bespoke Software Package, which tracks all incoming and outgoing IT Assets.
The chosen candidate MUST be able to pass pre-employment screening and security vetting.
IT Technical Operative Key Responsibilities
- Manifesting of electronic equipment belonging to clients
- Test IT equipment to ensure functionality
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Managing stock levels and ensuring you are being productive daily to meet targets
- Maintain records/logs of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Stock control of IT and electrical equipment
- Travelling to client’s sites to collect electrical equipment for manifesting
- Ensure that you comply with Health & Safety procedures and internal policies at all times
- Follow directions from supervisors and management
IT Technical Operative Key Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Proven experience within the IT Asset Industry or relevant position
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proactive personality
- Excellent communication ability, including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Ability to manage large stock volumes to ensure all stock levels are 100% correct
- Ability to use web-based software packages
- Ability to use all Microsoft Applications including Excel.
- Full UK Driving licence and Forklift Truck Certification is desirable.
- Medicash health scheme
- 23 days annual please plus bank holidays
- Quarterly engagement activities
- Progression opportunities
- Free onsite parking.
- You will receive full in-house training in all company policies and procedures and in the use of the companies bespoke Software Packages.