Table of Contents
S2S Group Ltd – Rotherham
Monday to Friday (between 8.00am – 5.00pm)
Technical Apprentice Job Summary
S2S Group is one of the leading IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) companies in the UK with the purpose to provide secure, innovative, and sustainable solutions for electronic recycling that protects the environment and eliminates reputational risk.
S2S Group is looking to recruit a Technical Apprentice to join their busy warehouse located in Manvers, Rotherham. You will be managed and under the guidance of S2S Group’s IT team who are responsible for testing and processing assets ensuring customer data is removed and assets are correctly graded.
The chosen candidate MUST be able to pass pre-employment screening and security vetting.
Technical Apprentice Key Responsibilities
- Managing stock levels and ensuring you are being productive daily
- Maintain records/logs of incoming and outgoing shipments including managing Excel spreadsheets
- Stock control of IT assets and accessories
- Manifesting of electronic devices into a bespoke tracking system
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Using approved erasure software to wipe all sensitive information
- Follow directions from the head technician and management
- Ensure that you comply with all Health & Safety procedures and internal policies.
Applicants must have the following:
- Willingness to learn.
- Keen interest in IT and must be self-motivated, efficient, and well organised with a great eye for detail.
- IT literate.
- Hands on.
- Friendly and approachable.
- GCSE Maths grade 4-9
- GCSE English grade 4-9
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
To have achieved a Digital Support Technician qualification. Great prospects for progression to a full-time position for the right candidate.
- Medicash health scheme
- 23 days annual please plus bank holidays
- Quarterly engagement activities
- Progression opportunities
- Uniform will be provided.
- Free onsite parking.
- You will receive full in-house training in all company policies and procedures and in the use of the companies bespoke Software Packages.
- In addition, the apprentice will receive coaching, help, and support from our apprentice provider.